- To empower and support students in Decolonising DMU
- To raise awareness of the attainment gap, the experiences of students of colour, and the work of the project
- To create safe spaces that drive the conversation
- To support and encourage student-led events and activities
- The engage with existing champions in decolonisation
The Student workstream will look to work closely with the DSU to give the Students a chance to co- create and define the shape of Decolonising DMU. The stream will enable existing groups to better reach the students using a partnership approach to student facing activities.
Through #DMUglobal, the university offers a wide range of opportunities for DMU students to study, work and volunteer overseas as part of their degree. The Freedom to Achieve project partnered with DMU Global for a number of trips, exploring identity and success of black and minority ethnic communities in New York City and Silicon Valley.
Dare to Be Mentoring is a mentoring scheme open to all students, where students are matched with trained mentors to help them develop their confidence, self belief, and motivation, support students in their studies and to reach their own potential.